Who doesn’t love chocolate? And what better way to treat your valentine than with a decadent dessert? We like to serve this scrumptious chocolate fondue at special family gatherings, and to our bed and breakfast guests on chilly winter weekends after a full day of exploring Cape Cod.
- 2/3 cup half-and-half
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate chips (about 1 ½ cups)
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- ½ teaspoon rum extract
- Stir half-and-half and sugar in a medium-size saucepan over low heat until sugar dissolves.
- Add chocolate; stir over low heat until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth.
- Remove from heat; stir in extract and butter until melted.
Makes 2 cups.
Serve with fruit and pound cake cut into bite-size pieces. We like to use a selection of strawberries, bananas, cantaloupe, and the pound cake. Provide guests with dessert plates and fondue forks, allowing them to dip their favorites into the fondue. Yum.
Keep refrigerated. Will keep up to 1 month in a tightly covered glass jar. To reheat, remove lid and place jar in a saucepan of simmering water. Stir occasionally until warm.